Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Big Tasty

Oh, wow. I was about to publish the second instalment of my previous post this evening when I peeked at my stats-counter: blimey.

What’s this bloody traffic all about?

You fancy hunting down every arse or perve trawling the web for bits of smut or any kind of titillating information - you stick a tracker device on your web page. It shows statistics of every visitor that reads your blog including visitor paths, visit length, country, city, state, ISP, recent book bought, shopping habits, etc.

It gives you a mental picture of how sad this people are and it’s quite interesting to see the trend change: whoa, this miserable git who bought Vladimir Nabokov’s Lolita and likes Parliament of Whores at Amazon’s is trying his luck today, especially if you tag your post with words like: death, evil, melancholy, and even the silly word – sperm.

Well, since Monday evening my counter is reeling from hits by all sorts of really nice and decent medical people. Huh? So I traced back the paths and found out that the ever so respectable Dr. Crippen: yeah, the world famous GOD (just a bit) NHS BLOG DR JOHN CRIPPEN has included this blog alongside the august line up of other British bloggers in his First Edition of ‘The Britmeds 2006’.

It’s going to be a weekly round-up of medical blogs where every sentient puppet on God’s stage is given a wider audience.

Or something like that. You may call him a chauvinist he says, but this round-up will have a strictly toff accent. No more Mc Donald’s or French bloody fries… This is the Big Tasty. Although he admits this is not going to replace well-established colonial institutions such as Grand Rounds and Change of Shift. Well…

What are you waiting, lads! Let’s go blogging. As HE said so himself:

“Who could disagree with a sad Pinoy nurse…”

Bloody well done! Doc Crippen. And Happy Anniversary. Oh, he is such a lovely Doctor. Very socially aware and sensitive. “He watches and weeps as the Health Service, slowly, but inexorably, is destroyed.” His own words. I feel the same sadness, really. I wouldn’t mind sitting down with him for a Pint and fat chips in my garden one afternoon underneath a downcast grey English sky.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yehey! let's celebrate :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger The Angry Medic said...

Yep, noticed you made the first edition of the BritMeds. Congrats!

I noticed my statcounter climbing too. Dr Crippen's done us smaller medical bloggers a great favour. I'm linking to him every week.

Give me a buzz if ever you go for that pint and chips! I'm famished, Could use some good ol greasy food.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on making the BritMeds...although this is the first I'd heard of it..not being part of the medical service...except as an annoying patient of course! :D

3:54 AM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Good work! I had you bookmarked since I saw your comments in the Angry Medic's blog.

If it's an open invitation, I'd love to join you and Crippy in the pub for pies, pints, and chips. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a wet afternoon.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Miss Blogger said...

Wow, Howl! Does this mean i have to stand in line to ask for a piece of your time? Hahaha... popular ka na! ^_^

7:33 AM  
Blogger Talamasca said...

ZOMG please, kind sir, can I have your autograph? Sign it on my t-shirt or better yet, my shiny arse!!! LOL. *winks*

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kinda lost here hehe anyway hmmmm u made me think..daw kasubo tuod sang life ko hrhrhrhr

4:47 PM  
Blogger Alternati said...

I've only not blogrolled for a week and your an insta-celebrity in the medical blogging world? hehe...

If someone (particularly a certain british doctor) starts quoting your post entries I believe it's a sign of something huge! hehe

I may have known zilch about the goings-on in the medical community before, but since I've discovered your blog, I'm more aware. :)

Congratulations!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I missed a few.

But anyhoo, I personally found the appropriate charm in them stat counters and trackers. Really, I do. It allows this understanding of what kind of people actually go over the blahg and what it's all about.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home