Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I can blog.

I can’t believe I already spent a year and a couple months off blogging by looking at my last post here. I have to say, I haven't done it for a whole lot of rather morally admirable reasons:


#1. I learned to eat fruit and vegetables - and consequently lost a massive chunk off my lardy body weight. My cholesterol level was down to 6 from 8 and I’m now sitting comfortably between 60 – 65 kilograms range. For the record, I’m not scared to pile on a few kilos here and there for now. So I don’t really mind summer barbecue invites. On proviso that it’s never gonna be a pirate-themed affair involving the use of painful eyewear.

I know, I did it last year.


#2. I had been waking up really early every Thursday mornings to avoid the traffic off the motorway on my commute from home to school.

I took a post graduate course at The University of Greenwich in London and been wearing ‘the perennial grin’ on my face for the past few weeks after receiving my grades. I got 72 %. And yup, that is not a failed grade. In England where the passing mark is 40 %, that (70 – 100%) is actually an excellent grade. It means excellent understanding of actual theoretical perspectives and that your essays showed evidence of substantial independent reading as well as they are accurately referenced using the Harvard approach. It also means that some people I know who tried really hard with their coursework and barely passed can be really excessively complimentary in that rather annoying sarcastic way. I tell them that I just got lucky then stick my tongue out.

#3. I have stuck my tongue out every day for the last three weeks that my tongue muscles are now extremely toned to rival the phallus of any pre-pubescent tosser.



_+880____________________________
_++88____________________________
_++88____________________________
__+880_________________________+++
__+888________________________+888
__++880______________________+888_
__++888_____+++88__________+++8__
__++8888__+++8880++88____+++88___
__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888____
___++888++8888+++888888++888_____
___++88++8888++8888888++888______
___++++++888888888888888888______
____++++++88888888888888888______
____++++++++000888888888888______
_____+++++++000088888888888______
______+++++++00088888888888______
_______+++++++088888888888_______
_______+++++++088888888888_______
________+++++++8888888888________
________+++++++0088888888________
_________++++++0088888888_________


#4. I have also mastered the art of finger gestures.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Talamasca said...

Contrary to popular belief, YOU DID NOT DIE! So... YEEEEEY!!!111oneone

Now that we've got that out of the way, er, hello... just.... hello! XD

Love your shirt! I'll take The Clash any day. For the brief time that they reigned, I think they were just easily one of the coolest bands on the planet.

"...my tongue muscles are now extremely toned to rival the phallus of any pre-pubescent tosser.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Anywhore... all those healthy lifestyle thingum, the off-the-charts marks *cough*academic dork*cough*... congrats!

Ok, see you and your blog in, like, a year and a half WTFFFF LAWL. O__O

http://www.talamascaisms.blogspot.com/

8:49 PM  
Blogger howling said...

Bloody hell. LOL! I could've died, I suppose... But nah. I went to see the doctor a few times... had a scan of my liver, strict diet and spent time outdoors doing actual physical stuff. Going back to school was quite good as the right kind of stress helped as well... and basically got better.

So lovely to hear from you.... WTFFF!!! you moved your blog??

Oh, ok.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Howling...! glad you're back!
and you're looking fit! bloody hell, indeed!
you went to uni of Greenwich, naks..you finished it with flying colours too... respect!
anyway, nice to hear from you again :-)

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice to know you didn't die!!! haha. i missed you, mate! ^_^

and looks like you're having a grand time with great things happening in your life.

welcome back!!!

7:36 AM  
Blogger howling said...

cheers, pining !!! glad you noticed. everyone's been asking how i lost them piles of stones.. to avoid sounding like a sanctimonius prat, i normally just say i've been tight with the food budget lately. going back to uni isn't that daunting as i thought it would be. i was surprised to see a lot of middle-aged civilised peers and just a few asbo's in the campus.

8:36 AM  
Blogger howling said...

thanks, acey. missed you too old chum!!! (tearfully)... i do apologise for disappearing. those emails of concern from some of you are quite heart-warming... well, except those who are just morbidly sick. but thanks anyway. miss you all guys!!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger may said...

oh. my. goodness.

i could say "welcome back, you look hot!", but i am a married woman and not supposed to say that outloud, so i'll just say...welcome back, you look really great.

i'll put you back in my blogroll. i removed people who haven't posted for over six months, but now that you're definitely back, you're in.

when you have time, teach me how you learned to eat fruits and vegetables and end up looking like that. also, congratulations on the 72% :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger howling said...

hahaha!!! you are mad, may. mind you, i don't really mind getting 'them kind of' compliments from full-bloodied married women. LOL! it kills me. and i'm not losing weight for the toilet mirror.

i have to do it to live long, i guess. my doctor thinks that being a bit on the skinny side would be a good idea for a borderline diabetic with hypercholesterolaemia like me. so i really don't have a choice. i feel much better though. the woman thinks that i don't snore anymore which makes her really happy on the bed plus of course, the 'other' stuff.

the fear factor pretty much contribute to make me stick to a healthier diet. it's just a matter of getting used to i guess. i notice that your taste buds actually improve the minute you start eating 'proper' food. honestly, i can not stand the flavour-enhanced taste that you get from junk food anymore. i drank lots of water when i sat for my exams. maybe that could explain the grades?

3:25 PM  
Blogger may said...

the "other" stuff is too much information:)

the lots of water thing, it's a good reminder.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

1. welcome back...so very
2. love themed parties, if you do too i'm willing to trade costumes
3. buti kapa back to school
4. more finger gestures!!

woof!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now we know why you were gone for a year :) Hey, congrats on your scholastic achievement and your new body hehe :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And the good thing is you're back!

Hello Howling.

:)

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home